Featured Post

Fall is here! Clean out that fridge and freezer!

Well. Just six weeks ago my husband and I moved from one side of the country (east) to the southwest again. Now that the move is over fro...

Sunday, May 2, 2010

May weather is fickle

This is a very strange year as far the weather is concerned. I think I am amazed at how we go from 60 degree weather one day. To the next day -- a mix of rain, sleet and snow all in the same day. The temps today are supposed to hit 32 and as I look out now, I see icy accumulations and wonder once it goes below the temp it is now 39 how long will it take to actually stick?

Brings me to the thought of what I just picked at the local grocery store, and what I will be making for dinner tonight. I have found TVP (texured vegetable protein) and trying to find out how to use the stuff...more research for my vegetarian cookbook recipes. Also, I am wondering where in the world can I find SOYRIZO (a vegetarian version of Soy and the spices that go into chorizo which allows for all the benefits of using chorizo but in a vegetarian form.

More on this later as well as how my carrot cake turns out.

No comments: