Featured Post

Fall is here! Clean out that fridge and freezer!

Well. Just six weeks ago my husband and I moved from one side of the country (east) to the southwest again. Now that the move is over fro...

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Death

Folks I've had a few things happen in the past few days and am on hiatus for a couple of weeks while we sort things out on the family front. My godmother (bless her soul) passed away this past w/e. Aunt Alice taught me to eat healthy.  She was a nurse who worked in the school district of Houston, TX.

 While at the time she was influencing me in the ways of eating healthy (this was the 1960's) I was not amused by her throwing a slice of cantalope on my plate as a child. I did not like it, but I learned to recognize in time that the stage was set for healthy eating behaviours. Aunt Alice was one of the influencing factors in my life , she helped me to develop healthy eating habits.

RIP Aunt Alice!

No comments: